Thursday, April 15, 2010

thinking

So once again being home alone sends my mind wandering....

So i ran into my uncle tonight, we are looking at putting the Nana in a home but its so tough as hardly any of the family talks to one another (or communicates anyway) my uncle and my mum have been trying to find her a place and we have found her a nice unit but the only drama is its small and costs a fair lot considering it is pretty small. The other problem is she likes to do quilting and if she has to go to this place she wont have enough room to do it and she could go down hill quickly.... I know she confides on me a fair deal and she has told me she doesn't necessarily want to move if she cant continue to do her everyday hobbies or have her car. I honestly think she shouldn't drive as she isn't as quick to react these days if something went wrong, but at the same time i can understand that she wants her Independence still?
Its a catch 22 really but at the end of the day we are just trying to do the right thing for her, i have mentioned what she told me to my uncle and mum and i also wonder if i did the right thing? She is capable of looking after herself at the moment but if she passes this opportunity to move she may not get another offer for a fair while and for all we know (touch wood) she could have a stroke and need more care.... what to do?


As far as everything else goes I'm on struggle street as far as bills go, holding down the fort here is easier said than done ha ha! though it is fun hanging wit landy it'd be nice if he could talk though.... :)

Anyway i'll stop rambling

-ash


No comments:

Post a Comment